Organic means that comes from the earth, with no synthetic substances or processes involved.
Organic Cotton and Conventional Cotton are traditional fibers of natural origin.
However, Organic Cotton is appreciated for its outstanding level of goodness and is often used in quality garments.
Many countries are known for their organic cotton production, such as China, India, Pakistan Turkey, Kyrgyzstan, and The United States.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CONVENTIONAL AND ORGANIC COTTON
Conventional cotton is harvested and processed from genetically modified (GMO) cotton, using pesticides and fertilizers to protect plants. During harvesting large amount of chemicals remains on its surface, which is very harmful to people with sensitive skin, especially the skin of babies.
In contrast to conventional cotton, Organic Cotton is grown from non-GMO seeds, does not use harmful chemicals. The production process of organic cotton uses less water, has less impact on the soil, and is especially gentler for sensitive skin.
The organic production process ensures the quality of the soil, the natural ecosystem, and human health.
BENEFITS OF USING ORGANIC COTTON
The following are a few benefits of organic cotton :
• organic cotton is grown without the use of any synthetic chemicals as a result, the water, air, and soil are free from contaminates thus, Soil fertility is protected.
• 80% of the irrigation system of organic cotton depends on rain, which means less pressure on the local water sources.
• Organic cotton produces fewer greenhouse gases (CO2) thus encourages bio-diversity and enhances ecological harmony.
• For pest control, farmers use beneficial insects instead of toxic chemicals, which have a positive impact on the environment.
• Net income per acre of cultivation is much higher thereby farmers get direct benefits.
• Organic Cotton is grown in the field alongside food, it doesn't require extra space which makes it good for farmers.
• 100% Organic Cotton is produced by organic materials that is why they are free of harmful chemicals, allergic, carcinogenic, or toxic chemical residues.
• It is long-staple cotton which ends up feeling softer and comfortable.
• It is hypoallergenic because of the lack of harsh synthetic chemicals to fertilize, defoliate, and whiten.
• Organic farming generally produces smaller yields which is why it's slightly expensive.
Organic cotton bed sheet is extremely beneficial for human beings and the environment, it is a good choice for growers, users, and the ecological environment. Organic cotton is gaining popularity among health-conscious consumers and leading brands. It is the future that has a huge impact on the health of our families and the planet.